News
Error 102 connecting to the RSS feed.

This is most likely a temporary problem with the RSS feed. If it persists check the feed.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
david876

re: Minstrel Instruments

If any minstrels at lower levels need weapons(I can crit up to level 40 stuff), I can do woodworking so let me know and I can save you some money. Same goes for hunters, I can do bows, etc... I am not sure if there are other woodworkers in the Kin, but I can always help.

Thank you for letting us know. It is always a grand thing when kin will help each other.
engine911

Many gracious thanks master danzac! Only one item lingers in my mind as artwain has been pestering everyone about, beit known that many have answered but just to make it clear, BAGPIPES
1 Ministrels can tutor people at what lvl?
2 What lvl can bagpipes be used by all classes?
3 Can other toons/classes use bagpipes?
4 Are there variants of bagpipes or just a basic for all?

Thanks for the input and thank you for the advice!
david876

Sorry I have not been on the forums for a little while. To be honest with you I have not looked into teaching anyone how to play instruments with my minstrel. I know I can train anyone, but I don't know all the details. I have heard the bagpipes are really annoying, but that is from what I only was told. I prefer the drum over the bagpipes myself for damage.

re: Re: Mentoring Bagpipes

engine911 wrote:
Many gracious thanks master danzac! Only one item lingers in my mind as artwain has been pestering everyone about, beit known that many have answered but just to make it clear, BAGPIPES
1 Ministrels can tutor people at what lvl?
2 What lvl can bagpipes be used by all classes?
3 Can other toons/classes use bagpipes?
4 Are there variants of bagpipes or just a basic for all?

Thanks for the input and thank you for the advice!

I have a minnie 51. He learned basic bagpiping at 25 from the bard.
Not sure when tutoring begins as my minnie is two years old and took its time, just wasn't something I kept up with. I do know any toon can use pagpipes once trained via minnie or bard. I do not know of more than one style/kind of bagpipe. Perhaps the newer Moria content offers more but I have not seen any yet.

Here is what I learn researching. The below are quotes from various boards of other's experiences. Perhaps some of this is useful to you.

The skill for playing basic bagpipes is a lvl 25 PASSIVE skill learned from the bard.

To Mentor Bagpipes (Minnies Only), You have to aquire a scroll that is a mob (level 40 plus) drop that teaches mentoring for the type of instrument you wish to teach, bad part is the only place I've seen the Bagpipe drop is in The Rift.

Lotro says: Bagpipe, Cowbell and Moor Cowbell - Minstrels can now play the bagpipe, cowbell (because too much cowbell is never enough) and the Moor Cowbell. All players will be able to learn the Cowbell, but the Bagpipe and the Moor variety of Cowbell will be Minstrel exclusives.

Bagpipes is a mob drop, dropped for me in Barad Galrun, the nasty castle place in Angmar (the one that isn't Carn Dum or Urugarth)...

It dropped for me in Urugarth from the troll Morthrang.

Have seen mentor bagpipes scroll drop from Grisgart boss in Helegrod.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chivalry and Pride Forum Index -> Minstrel All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: