News
Error 102 connecting to the RSS feed.

This is most likely a temporary problem with the RSS feed. If it persists check the feed.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Khaaravan
recruit

re: Guardian Help

hey i have a guardian that i have retired because of 2 reasons, i find them hard to control aggro, and lack of a ranged method of pulling creatures in group situations. anybody else share my frustration or am i missing something completely? i only pushed him to 29 then got bored and picked up a minstrel

suggestions for improving my tanking? many of the quick guardian guides i have found have proven to be little to no help =) maybe pickin up a different tanking class?
Joincee
topcatnz
Leader

hi
My 1st toon was/is a guardian Joincee. It took a bit of time to sort out how to use him especially when paired with my son who had a hunter. I had to train the hunter to let me pull aggro first. Once i had aggro then he could knock of individual monsters.

At level 30 you get the use of a bow, it does not make you an archer, but its useful for pulling one monster out of a group. Prior to that i used a lot of throwing weapons.

I find as a tank your main benefit in a group is holding the big boss (provided the archers give you a chance*) and protecting the healer.

You may find a warden a better choice as a tank, but you have to get used to learning all those gambits!

I still have a soft spot for old Toincee and drag hom out when he is needed.

Cee

* hence the often comment between tanks and healers "the next time that archer pulls aggro- let him die"

Not all hunter are bad tanks tongue out Malakir AKA the hunter tank......

But Cee is right....the main job of the tank in groups is tanking care of the big guys, while range support takes care of individual mobs.

BTW guardians are always needed in fellowships and raids.

re: kewl

sounds good, maybe i wont quite retire him yet then. a bow would be nice and he is stuck right at lvl 29 i just find soloing with him to be a bit of a bore since it take so long to kill things, but fellowships always seem to be lookin for tanks... it seems kinda weird to me still though that i dont need to hold every mob, its much different than a paladin in WoW where its so easy to hold 15mobs at once =)

ill just try to continue getting used to it, and maybe need to get him into the kinship as well then!
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chivalry and Pride Forum Index -> Guardian All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: